About Me

My photo
I'm 29 and I live in St.Charles with my husband Rob and baby girl Alivia

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ya know they say that every pregnancy is different and for the two I’ve had I can’t really say it was that way for me. The two pregnancies itself were very similar, the only real difference was that Alivia was born at 37 weeks and Maddox wasn’t born till 40 weeks. The labors on the other hand couldn’t have been different. With alivia I had pretty painless contractions and was in labor for about 14 hours. With Maddox, however, I had very painful contractions, no drugs and it was over in about 3 hours!! I guess there are pros and cons to each of these methods! With alivia it was very laid back and painless for the most part with Maddox it was anything but laid back, it happened so fast. I still can’t believe it. Wednesday was my last day at work and I had a dr appt that afternoon, the dr said I was dialated to 2 and about 80% afaced. I was scheduled to be induced on Friday morning. When I got home Wednesday I was laying down watching tv and I was having what I would call cramping, didn’t feel like the contractions I had with alivia. Amber came over and brought us dinner and I got up and ate and started moving around and the pains completely stopped. I was planning on spending the day Thursday cleaning the house and doing laundry. I went to bed Wednesday night feeling fine. I got up Thursday morning at about 5:30 and was having the same cramps that I was feeling the night before. I got up and started walking around the house thinking maybe they would go away like they had the night before. It was pretty much a constant pain and I couldn’t really tell when they stopped and started. After about an hour of that I called my mom, rob was at work and it would have taken him at least 45 minutes to get home. My mom and dad came over and picked me up and the pains got even stronger on the way to the hospital. We called him and told him he better get to the hospital! When we got there they checked me to see if I was dialated. I asked the nurse if I was and she said “ um, you’re about ready to have a baby!” They wheeled me into a room and everything just happened so fast, the pains were getting worse and all of a sudden my water was breaking. My mom asked me if I had told them that I wanted an epidural, which I hadn’t. My mom asked the nurse if we had time and the nurse said she didn’t think so. Before I knew it they were telling me to push and then a few minutes later Maddox was here. It was so crazy. Rob got here about 15 minutes after he was born. He weighed 7 pounds 10 ounces and was 20.5 inches long. He’s so perfect! I think he looks like alivia did when she was born. Noone else seems to think so but I think once they pull out the pictures of the day she was born they will see! He is a very good baby so far, very low maintenance, we’ll see how long that lasts!

No comments: