About Me

My photo
I'm 29 and I live in St.Charles with my husband Rob and baby girl Alivia

Friday, June 05, 2009

Baby updates

I went for my monthly checkup the other day and the dr is still concerned at the size of the baby. She said she may do an ultrasound soon to determine exactly how big he is. I'm at the point where I will be going to the dr every two weeks. Every time I go she measures me. Well, this week I measured 34cm. That pretty much means 34 weeks!!! Except, I should only be 31 weeks.

I gave Rob a deadline of July 4th to have the room done, that's when the furniture will be out of layaway and I want to have the room done so I can put all his stuff away before he gets here!

When I had Alivia, I didn't have her bag packed or mine. I had to pack it on the way to the hospital. I also made her bed up before I left to go have her, we didn't have a car seat or a stroller!! I want to make sure I have all of this taken care of in plenty of time.

People are obviously noticing that I'm pregnant and are asking when I'm due, what it is and what the name is. I've noticed when I tell anyone over age 50 that the name will be Maddox-they pronounce is like Mad-docks. That makes me CRAZY. Even when I've just said Maddox (pronounced Mad-dix). This has happened 3 times with 3 different people-apparantly there was some show years and years ago that had a Maddox (mad-docks) that all three of them mentioned!! I hope this isn't a reoccuring thing because I will have to correct everyone who prounouces it wrong!!

When I had Alivia I didn't know of one single person with her name spelled the way hers is spelled. THE DAY I had her, the nurse said "My neices name is Alivia" I couldn't believe it!!!
I thought we were so original! And now of course there are Alivia's everywhere.

As of now, I don't know of anyone named Maddox but I'm sure the second he's born there will be a million of them!

1 comment:

The Lenk Family said...

Angelina Jolie's first adopted son's name is Maddox, but I don't know any personally. I guess I will in a couple months.